Keep up-to-date with the latest system releases, RoomBoss news & team updates.
Okaerinasai – Japan Opens Its Borders!
Japan announces borders to return to normal from October 11. Travellers will once again be able to enter Japan without the need for a special visa, PCR tests or to be part of a tour. Long awaited and welcome news for the travel industry as a whole, and the 320 Japanese-tourism businesses that we support.
- New shiny user interface for hotel reservations teams and their B2B partners to check availability.
- A number of minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Digital Resort Map
RoomBoss, together with JTB Hokkaido, Kutchan Town, Kutchan Tourism Association, Niseko Tourism, Niseko Resort Tourism Association and OpenTone, is currently developing a tourism-focused digital “mapplication” as part of the Japan Tourism Agency’s “Demonstration Project for Emergency Measures to Promote Tourism DX for the Realization of Highly Sustainable Tourism Destination Management”.
Alongside offering interactive restaurant, hot-spring, and activity information, the application will be connected a variety of external services to allow users to check lift operation status, offer live location-tracking of in-resort shuttle buses, and provide a variety of helpful information to visitors to Niseko in a compact and easy-to-use format.
The web application is scheduled to be operational from December 2022.
- Easier upload of photos for guests purchasing lift tickets online, as part of our SKIDATA integrated webshop. Never easier for skiers to arrange their season passes online, pick up in resort from a vending machine, and head directly to the slopes!
Meeting with MLIT and Car Transportation Companies
RoomBoss team members met with MLIT and representatives from 6 car transportation companies at MLIT’s Sapporo office. It was great to receive additional feedback from the transportation companies, to help shape the upcoming system RB is developing to assist them and rental car companies work together more efficiently.
Hakuba47 & Able Hakuba Goryu Lift Pass Online Shop System
We are looking forward to providing a lift pass webshop for Able Hakuba Goryu & Hakuba47 ski resorts.
The multilingual SKIDATA-integrated solution will allow customers to purchase lift pass products online and go directly to the ski lifts.
Conquering the Hokkaido Marathon
A big congratulations for new team-member Alix on his successful completion of the Hokkaido Marathon last weekend.
After months of dedicated training and one final day of gruelling effort, he now takes his very sore and substantially slower legs on the road to recovery.
On an unrelated note, Alix has now moved to a ground-floor desk after reports of congestion in the 2F stairwell.
- Added the Barcode merge-tag to Rich Messages, allowing you to send scannable Booking IDs to customers in your automated-emails.
- Added a range of new fields to the Custom Excel Report Download, including External System ID, Hold status, and Room Allocation.